Youth Advisory Panel
Mon 18th September 2023 - Mon 1st July 2024
Question, Influence, Represent
Are you aged 10-20?
Do you live in Greenwich or Lewisham?
Are you passionate about the arts?
If you have answered “YES” to all of these questions, then we want to hear from you!
We are putting together an inspiring and diverse panel of young people to be at the heart of our decision making at Tramshed and within Greenwich and Lewisham communities. This is an opportunity to play a part in shaping South East London's most exciting performance, arts and community venue, whilst gaining skills in leadership and making a difference in your own community
Meetings happen once a month 5.30pm-7pm. Bring a friend or come on your own. Don't worry if you've never been to a meeting before - all new members are welcome to join! Get ready for snacks, chats, and sharing of ideas - all you need to do is bring your creative brain! To sign up email [email protected]
Why join our Youth Panel?
Question, Influence, Represent, Create
- Question – Challenge Tramshed on how to listen to and implement your ideas
- Influence – Create a platform/safe space for Tramshed to collaborate with and support young people
- Represent – Be a figurehead for Tramshed, its participants, and the local community
- Create - Create art and activism pieces that engage young people and the wider community
Make a real change: You’ll be able to share your ideas and influence real changes within your local area. If you’re tired of being overlooked or having your opinion discounted, then this is the perfect opportunity to have your voice heard.
Develop your skills: You’ll be given training to develop your skills and help you with your role. This could be related to arts engagement, managing budgets, communication/leadership skills, arts administration or anything else in between. Your new skills will boost your confidence and improve your employability.
Future opportunities: You’ll have the opportunity to get first dibs for our emerging artists programmes and activities. You’ll also be able to get involved with volunteering opportunities at Tramshed and the wider community. We might even throw in a few goodies too!
As a member of our Youth Panel, you will be expected to…
- Attend one 2-hour meeting every month during term time
- Commit to being a Youth Panel member for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend youth summits and other events when needed
- Regularly communicate with Tramshed
- Follow and engage with our social media
To Register or for more information, please email [email protected]
**Some of these sessions will focus on social impact & action, and how young people can effect change. Some of these topics might be difficult to discuss, so if your young person has any concerns, they can discuss these with the session tutor. If you would like to discuss your concerns with our team, Joe, our Participation Manager, can be contacted at [email protected] **